Mailing List Archive

Error message with DaviCal/Tbird/Lightning/Sunbird
On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 13:20 -0600, Jason Shipman wrote:
> Not sure where to send this, but here goes. Please let me know if I am
> in the wrong place.
>
> I have installed the latest DaviCal on my Xubuntu Jaunty system. I
> followed the installation instructions and made certain all the pre-reqs
> were met. I am able to login to the admin pages of DaviCal, create
> users, etc.
>
> On an Xubuntu client, I have thunderbird installed. I installed
> Lightning 0.9 and attempted to setup a new calendar, but all the
> calendar options were grayed out. I installed Sunbird 0.9 and was able
> to setup a new calendar. Upon setting this up, sunbird prompted me for
> the username and password for the DaviCal user. I entered my information
> and the calendar shows up.
>
> When I try to make a new event, task, etc., I receive an error message.
> The message details say: "MODIFICATION_FAILED"
>
> Am I missing some simple step here?
>
> We tried this installation on another machine where lightning actually
> works, but receive the same error mentioned above. This installation
> also had its own server install of DaviCal. We must be missing something
> if both installations are getting the same error.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
----
I am sort of a davical novice and was thinking that someone else would
reply but it wasn't that hard to set up but I think you need to check
the logs for errors. Check the apache error logs and check your
postgresql logs but I think you will find the problem in the apache
logs.

You also might want to look at the davical db within postgres to see if
the calendars actually exist.

You don't give us anything about your /etc/davical/hostname-conf.php
setup so it would invite unnecessary speculation.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Error message with DaviCal/Tbird/Lightning/Sunbird [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 13:20 -0600, Jason Shipman wrote:
> Not sure where to send this, but here goes. Please let me know if I am
> in the wrong place.
>
> I have installed the latest DaviCal on my Xubuntu Jaunty system. I
> followed the installation instructions and made certain all the pre-reqs
> were met. I am able to login to the admin pages of DaviCal, create
> users, etc.
>
> On an Xubuntu client, I have thunderbird installed. I installed
> Lightning 0.9 and attempted to setup a new calendar, but all the
> calendar options were grayed out. I installed Sunbird 0.9 and was able
> to setup a new calendar. Upon setting this up, sunbird prompted me for
> the username and password for the DaviCal user. I entered my information
> and the calendar shows up.
>
> When I try to make a new event, task, etc., I receive an error message.
> The message details say: "MODIFICATION_FAILED"
>
> Am I missing some simple step here?
>
> We tried this installation on another machine where lightning actually
> works, but receive the same error mentioned above. This installation
> also had its own server install of DaviCal. We must be missing something
> if both installations are getting the same error.

The most likely problem is that the database was not properly
initialised. Try running

/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database

to see if that resolves it.

Other than that, perhaps you can capture the tcp traffic between
lightning & DAViCal and if I can see a trace of that I can probably
figure out what is wrong.

Cheers,
Andrew.

You are deeply attached to your friends and acquaintances.