Whenever I access the calendar from my thunderbird, all my other
calendars are no longer visible, and nothing from the public calendar is
shown.

My apache logs give me this on the server:
davical: LOG: response:-->Anonymous users may only access public calendars

which is exactly what I'd except?

Did I miss anything? The calendar has items in it (one birthday that
overlaps in both calendars)
public calendars and thunderbird-lightening. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 15:56 +0100, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if lightening is acting up.
>
> I've setup several calendars on my own private caldav server.
> I've setup a second caldav server elsewhere, to which I don't have any
> creditials (in thunderbird, I am admin on it however).
>
> I created a public calendar, as in, I created a principal group, set the
> Public Readable, is calendar and opaque (no idea what that does) options
> and granted all: read. (Read, Read Current users acces, read free/busy,
> scheduling: query free/busy).
>
> Whenever I access the calendar from my thunderbird, all my other
> calendars are no longer visible, and nothing from the public calendar is
> shown.
>
> My apache logs give me this on the server:
> davical: LOG: response:-->Anonymous users may only access public calendars
>
> which is exactly what I'd except?
>
> Did I miss anything? The calendar has items in it (one birthday that
> overlaps in both calendars)

This is because Lightning makes some CalDAV requests against the
principal-URL rather than the collection URL. Only the collection URL
is public, so when it makes the request against the principal-URL it
gets denied access.

I have a feeling I might have added some kind of workaround into DAViCal
for this issue at the moment, though it wasn't for public calendars and
there may still be issues there.

Really, though, it's a Lightning issue. It only knows about calendar
collections, so it should be making all of it's requests against the URL
for any given calendar.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Building more free and open source software for New Zealanders