setup Mozilla Lighting to connect to it. It's working nicely. However,
it'd be nice if SMS messages could be sent out to our phones as
reminders. In searching the web, I see that you responded to another
user who had asked the same thing
(http://lists.morphoss.com/pipermail/davical-dev/2010/000037.html). Can
you tell me if any work has been done related to this?

Thanks,
Paul
[DAViCal-general] Any way to send email alert about upcoming calendar event? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 21:19 -0600, Paul Parker wrote:
> Hi. I recently installed the Davical-0.9.9.3 freeBSD implementation and
> setup Mozilla Lighting to connect to it. It's working nicely. However,
> it'd be nice if SMS messages could be sent out to our phones as
> reminders. In searching the web, I see that you responded to another
> user who had asked the same thing
> (http://lists.morphoss.com/pipermail/davical-dev/2010/000037.html). Can
> you tell me if any work has been done related to this?

I've just pushed some code now which will take the parsed out alarms and
update the next_trigger column of the calendar_alarm table with when the
next alarm is due to fire.

This could be run regularly (say, every five minutes) and then a query
on the calendar_alarm table could look for alarms which are due to fire
in the next five minutes and send an SMS.

This would only work for setting alarms, obviously, but similar code
could be used to look at all upcoming events and apply an implicit alarm
to them.

Regards,
Andrew.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/ Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act: hesitate.