Mailing List Archive

DAViCal 0.9.7.2 packages
Hi everyone,

I have packages of a testing version of 0.9.7.2 up now:

http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/testing/

Feedback is appreciated.

This is not quite when I planned to release, but the iPhone is an
important enough client to warrant a special release.

Release notes are here:

http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Notes/0.9.7.2

If there are any other small and important things people would like to
see included in the release, speak up :-)

Cheers,
Andrew.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/ Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
Your love life will be happy and harmonious.

DAViCal 0.9.7.2 packages [ In reply to ]
Andrew McMillan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have packages of a testing version of 0.9.7.2 up now:
>
> http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/testing/
>
> Feedback is appreciated.
>
> This is not quite when I planned to release, but the iPhone is an
> important enough client to warrant a special release.
>
> Release notes are here:
>
> http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Notes/0.9.7.2
>

> If there are any other small and important things people would like to
> see included in the release, speak up :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew.

As I can see, there's no update for awl ?

Have updated, smoothly ( use of rpm ) under opensuse 11.1 and postgresql 8.3
php 5.3.

And no errors appears :-)

Tomorrow I will give a try to the new akonadi caldav plugin with korganiser.
I'll keep you informed.

--

Bruno Friedmann
DAViCal 0.9.7.2 packages [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 16:47 +0200, 2k3servers wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
>
> I'm glad to see that the calls by references are fixed now! (I was
> that 'Henk C' guy)
> I couldn't get your new Iphone-url to work (it worked in my browser,
> but not in my Iphone).
> Since the 3.1 firmware, the iphone suddenly saw 2 agenda's (the local
> one on the Iphone, and the 'home' agenda), before those two were
> 'merged'.
> I fixed this by changing the url from
> <domain>/cal/caldav.php/<user>/home
> <domain>/cal/caldav.php/<user>

For a Mac (iphone/ical/ipod) that should always be the case, and I
believe it is written that way in the client installation setup.

If you're running your server on SSL, port 8443, or http port 8008, then
with 0.9.7.2 you can also just enter the domain name, username &
password, and it should find it from the correct URL. It won't work
that way on any other ports though - those are the only ones that get
checked unless you go into the advanced settings and change the port.

> P.S.1: I think it's weird that there is no option to delete users.

Yeah. In my applications I typically tend to give an option to make
users inactive, rather than deleting them, because the database often
contains a surprising amount of information referencing any given user.

That said, it is something that I will no doubt do at some point. I
seem to recall someone on IRC volunteering to write some kind of
alternative to the current admin pages, which would be nice.

> P.S.2: Is there a way to make Davical work with MySQL?

Not as currently written.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Q: Why did Menachem Begin invade Lebanon?
A: To impress Jodie Foster.