Bristol BS8 1UD
Tel: 0117 9288193

Team email: isys-srct@bris.ac.uk
Re: output problems [ In reply to ]
More info,

everything works fine from the minicom sessions, commands such as ls -lR /
run fine BUT as soon as I use conserver it puts some of the output on the
real console some on the conserver console, looks like it x-offs

Nick

Nick Bruton PADI Divemaster #624215
University of Bristol Yamaha YZF R1
Computing Service
Tyndall Avenue

RE: output problems [ In reply to ]
Nick,

What is 'terminating' the serial ports?

Do you have a console server (what brand/model)?

Are you using a multi-port serial adapter in the conserver host?

Are your minicom sessions being run on the conserver host?
(Are the serial ports 'local' to the conserver host?)

-Z-

RE: output problems [ In reply to ]
Right,

The set-up is as follows ....

Remote end is a laptop with an 8 port USB serial box (boxed as vscom), the
minicom
sessions are run on the laptop, connected to the serial ports are a
mixture of Suns and PC's running various versions of linux