console: Encryption not supported by server `console'

--
Ernest A. Oporto, Senior Systems Administrator
Virage Logic Corporation
http://www.viragelogic.com <http://www.viragelogic.com/>
Perryville Corporate Park, Bldg 3, Clinton, NJ 08809
Phone:(908)735-1932 Fax:(908)735-1999
mailto:Ernie.Oporto@viragelogic.com
Re: older conservers with newer console? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 01:28:51PM -0500, Ernie Oporto wrote:
> Is there a switch for turning off the encryption for a console session to
> an older conserver? Is the newer console client compatible with the older
> server?

'console -E' will allow a non-encrypted connection, which should allow a
better chance at talking to older servers. but, if you're trying to
talk to a pre-8.0.0 server with an >= 8.0.0 client, it won't work. all
the details on compatibility are in the INSTALL file...if there are
questions after checking that out, let me know.

Bryan