enable this feature?

Thanks,
Chris
Re: SUN console [ In reply to ]
It's been quite a while since I've had to play with this stuff but you probably need to do a combination of

prompt# eeprom ttya-ignore-cd=true [this means use HW carrier detect]
prompt# eeprom ttya-rts-dtr-off=true

and/or a few pmadm/ttyadm commands to turn off software carrier detect
(the -S flag to ttyadm - my sun has software carrier on by default).
But, that's assuming Solaris 2+.

I snarfed this info from
http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/modem.html - you
should probably go through it, picking out the pieces that look
necessary for the setup you're using. Celeste has a lot of information
around this stuff on her website, so poking around might find the
answer(s).

Good luck!

Bryan