Mailing List Archive

conserver-8.1.17 is available
After an incredibly long delay, version 8.1.17 is finally out. Sorry
for both the length of time and any missing features I may have promised
an individual. These are the patches and fixes (mostly very recent
activity) that I could pull together.

If you have a patch that I've overlooked, please send it to me again.
There are one or two features I haven't implemented that I've been
thinking about, but for consistency, I'd love to have an email
reinforcing the desire for any missing features as well.

The bottom line is that over the last year or so, my tracking of these
things has fallen apart (for personal reasons). But things are getting
back on track now and I need a little help knowing what's still
important to folks.

Thanks!

version 8.1.17 (Sep 29, 2009):
- fix for interface detection when HAVE_SA_LEN is defined - first
detected on NetBSD 5.0 and patched by Chris Ross
<cross+conserver@distal.com>
- first person to connect to a console wanting read/write now gets it
once the active user drops read/write - suggested by Thomas Gardner
<tmg@pobox.com>
- fix typo when setting nonblocking socket for client connections,
fixing stall issues - patch by Eric Biederman
<ebiederm@aristanetworks.com>
- GSS-API patch (--with-gssapi) to help with Kerberos tokens - patch by
Nate Straz <nstraz@redhat.com>
- authenticate username without @REALM when using GSS-API
(--with-striprealm) - based on patch by Andras Horvath
<Andras.Horvath@cern.ch>
- various contrib/redhat-rpm fixes - patch by Fabien Wernli
<wernli@in2p3.fr>
- fix handling of read(stdin) returning -1 in console client - patch by
Ed Swierk <eswierk@arastra.com>

Bryan Stansell
Re: conserver-8.1.17 is available [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Bryan Stansell <bryan@conserver.com> wrote:
> There are one or two features I haven't implemented that I've been
> thinking about, but for consistency, I'd love to have an email
> reinforcing the desire for any missing features as well.

I don't know if it makes your list of interesting things to work on.
The one feature we
don't have but would use if conserver implemented it would be the
ability to change the
baud rate for the consoles on the fly. Currently we do conserver -i
and find the device
node. Then ssh to the box and use stty to change the baud rate.
Which works. It
is just a little clumsy.

Eric
Re: conserver-8.1.17 is available [ In reply to ]
At Mon, 5 Oct 2009 03:24:46 -0700, Eric Biederman <ebiederm@aristanetworks.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: conserver-8.1.17 is available

> The one feature we don't have but would use if conserver implemented
> it would be the ability to change the baud rate for the consoles on
> the fly.

I haven't tried this, but if I'm not mistaken given my reading of the
code, all TTY parameters for real TTY devices are set on both load and
reload, so you should just have to change the config file and trigger a
reload by the conserver daemon.

--
Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098 VE3TCP RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>