Mailing List Archive

Re: *****SPAM***** RE: Avocent to acquire Cyclades
I feel your pain. We have over fifty Cyclades TS units supporting
nearly 2300 console lines. They've been a rock-solid part of our
infrastructure for nearly five years.

Sigh.

Brodie, Kent wrote:
> Oh man. I appear to have been the victim of this a lot (that is,
> managing some REALLY good technology, and then some big mother ship
> swallows up said company, and the products I end up with all eventually
> suck...).
>
> The first of this was DIGITAL. We all know what happened there. And
> so on.
>
> Fortunately, on the ASSUMPTION that the existing cyclades line of boxes
> get shelved, there should be (I would hope) enough surplus and/or
> "previously owned" boxes out there to find one if you really need.
>
> I personally have been VERY happy with my cyclades boxes-- between that
> and conserver, I have something like 72 servers whose console ports I
> have configured. I have another 25 to add, just haven't gotten to them
> yet.
>
> NEVER had an issue. And I'm doing console access via serial/SSH and all
> that.

steve lammert systems administrator voice: +1-412-323-3500
slammert@panasas.com panasas, inc cell: +1-412-310-3406
RE: Avocent to acquire Cyclades [ In reply to ]
P.S. Sorry for the ASSP spam tag on that e-mail...