Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Announcing Fangfrisch release 1.8.0
Fangfrisch release 1.8.0 is now available via

https://pypi.org/project/fangfrisch/

Changes in this release:

- Sanesecurity (https://sanesecurity.com) provider default
configuration overhaul. Switch to a less congested mirror site,
add/remove several signature URLs.

- Modernise Python build re PEP 517 (https://peps.python.org/pep-0517/).
This should make packaging for modern Python versions easier.

Attention package maintainers: If you bundle a custom configuration
file, please make sure to verify its contents against Fangfrisch default
settings (see https://rseichter.github.io/fangfrisch/#internalconf) and
adjust as necessary. References to the previous mirror ftp.swin.edu.au
should be removed. Thank you.

-Ralph

Re: [clamav-users] Announcing Fangfrisch release 1.8.0 [ In reply to ]
Dear Mr. Seichter,

is sqlite needed? Regarding:

db_url = sqlite:////var/lib/fangfrisch/db.sqlite

Because we run mariadb:

??# mysql --version 2 ?
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.11.6-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64)
using  EditLine wrapper

Thank you in advance.

Norman

Re: [clamav-users] Announcing Fangfrisch release 1.8.0 [ In reply to ]
* energynorman:

> is sqlite needed?

No, SQLite is simply the most convenient option for many users.
Fangfrisch stores only small amounts of data, and DB access is not
performance critical. You are however free to use any database dialect
supported by SQLAlchemy. According to [1], this includes MariaDB.

[1] http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/dialects/mysql.html

-Ralph

Re: [clamav-users] Announcing Fangfrisch release 1.8.0 [ In reply to ]
Perfect! So, according to your sent doc, we have to replace sqlite:/// with

mariadb+pymysql:/// Thanks. Norman

Re: [clamav-users] [ext] Announcing Fangfrisch release 1.8.0 [ In reply to ]
> - Sanesecurity (https://sanesecurity.com) provider default
> configuration overhaul. Switch to a less congested mirror site,
> add/remove several signature URLs.

Thanks for that!

--
Ralf Hildebrandt