Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Save a copy of the mail (quarantine=quarantined by clamav-milter)
Hi

Setup
~~~~~
os: AlmaLinux release 8.9
sendmail: 8.15.2-34.el8
mimedefang: version 3.4.1
clamd: 1.0.1/27173

Problem:
~~~~~~~~
I have a few problems with emails sent by a couple of legimate senders, they are quarantined.
I would like to save copies of the emails sent, but I cannot find out how to to this.

I searched the config files for a setting, cant find anything.

I know I can see the queue by doing a 'mailq -qQ' and I can see the mail in question.

How can I see the CONTENT of the email and/or find the REASON for the quarantine?

thanks
Jobst

Re: [clamav-users] Save a copy of the mail (quarantine=quarantined by clamav-milter) [ In reply to ]
Hi Jobst,

I don't know the exact answer to your question. I don't have hardly any experience with sendmail or even clamav-milter. Perhaps someone else knows better and can help.

From the clamav-milter.conf.sample file, I see this comment, which may help:

# NOTE: In Sendmail the quarantine queue can be examined via mailq -qQ
# For Postfix this causes the message to be placed on hold

Cheers,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development