Here's the file.
Why isn't it detected with the AV's, and clamav specially?

https://gofile.io/d/0Y0Qvr
Re: [clamav-users] Virus not detected [ In reply to ]
* Jorge Bastos:

> I have a virus file that came on an email, and clamav doesn't detect
> [...]
> Here's the file.

Seriously? Do *NOT* send virus files to a public mailing list.

-Ralph

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Virus not detected [ In reply to ]
It's just the link :P
How would you be able to test then? ;)

ok won't send again.. but the default virus db doesn't seems to be
enought, is there other db's to include?
The windows defender detected the .rar as virus imediately so i guess
it's a known one no?

Jorge

Re: [clamav-users] Virus not detected [ In reply to ]
Jorge,

There are a lot of alternative signatures.
Sanesecurity: http://sanesecurity.com/
Malware Patrol: https://www.malwarepatrol.net/clamav-configuration-guide/
or you can use something like clamav-unofficial-sigs: https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs

Re: [clamav-users] Virus not detected [ In reply to ]
The accepted way would be to supply a link to the VirusTotal scan that
didn't detect it.

--Maarten

Re: [clamav-users] Virus not detected [ In reply to ]
It's best to scrub links if they're going to be included on the mailer.
Helps prevent automatic hyperlinking by the client.

Ideally, please submit the sample via the following form:
https://www.clamav.net/reports/malware

--
Christopher Marczewski
Research Engineer, Talos
Re: [clamav-users] Virus not detected [ In reply to ]
* Jorge Bastos:

> It's just the link :P

That matters little. Some mailing list subscriber might give in to
temptation and download the virus file while not in a properly isolated
environment, and trigger the payload due to incompetence or bad luck.

> How would you be able to test then? ;)

As was already pointed out in other responses, maintainers of virus
signatures usually describe how best to submit virus samples on their
respective web sites.

> ok won't send again..

Thanks.

Re: [clamav-users] Virus not detected [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2022, Christopher Marczewski wrote:

> Ideally, please submit the sample via the following form:
> https://www.clamav.net/reports/malware

Or you can create a signature and submit it, but see

https://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2022-March/012519.html

for extra information.

--

73,