Is there a way that we know when our ips would get blacklisted as well do we get to the reason for blacklisting ?
Appreciate your time and support

--Michael
Re: [clamav-users] Getting 403 Forbidden Error [ In reply to ]
You may need to supply your IP address in order for any blocking action to be removed.

Sent from my iPad

-Al-

Re: [clamav-users] Getting 403 Forbidden Error [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, Varun, Michael via clamav-users wrote:

> We are receiving 403 Forbidden error for our freshclam downloads.
> We have disabled the frequency of downloads since last 1 week and still we see rate limiting enabled on us
> Is there a way that we know when our ips would get blacklisted as well do we get to the reason for blacklisting ?

The reason for the block is given by the 403 code. The explanation,
and the ways to avoid it, have been given (repeatedly) in Joel's
emails to this list. You can see them for example at

https://marc.info/?l=clamav-users&r=1&w=2

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Getting 403 Forbidden Error [ In reply to ]
On 31/03/2021 07:28, Varun, Michael via clamav-users wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> We are receiving 403 Forbidden error for our freshclam downloads.
>
> We have disabled the frequency of downloads since last 1 week and
> still we see rate limiting enabled on us
>
> Is there a way that we know when our ips would get blacklisted as well
> do we get to the reason for blacklisting ?

Which version of Freshclam are you using?

Versions older than 0.100 won't work any more, so you need to upgrade to
a later version

--
Paul

--