Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] [External] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: ClamAV 0.103.0 rc2
On 9/8/2020 6:11 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:
> If you're interested, we found the cause of the freshclam SysLog issue. The source ended up being an issue with our autotools build system and how we link freshclam.
> If any of you are willing to try this patch, it'd be nice to hear how it goes. In our testing the patch solves the issue.
>
> IMPORTANT: Because this is a change to autotools, you'll have to test this on a machine with autoconf, automake, m4, libtool, and pkg-config installed and you'll have to run autogen.sh to regenerate the autotools stuff before running the build.

I have autoconf, automake, m4, libtool and pkgconfig.

Patch was clean

[root@talonator clamav-0.103.0-rc2]# patch -p1 <diff.txt
patching file freshclam/Makefile.am
patching file libfreshclam/libfreshclam.map

Autogen errors:

 ./autogen.sh
Generating autotools files in: /usr/src/clamav-0.103.0-rc2 ...
m4/mmap_private.m4:1: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
m4/mmap_private.m4:1: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
Error: Failed to generate autojunk!

Any guidance on the autogen issue?

Regards,

KAM

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] [External] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: ClamAV 0.103.0 rc2 [ In reply to ]
It might be a version compatibility issue. I also failed to use autogen.sh recently when trying on a centos 7 x86 machine.

Try running

rm aclocal.m4
autoupdate

Then retry autogen.sh

Regards,
Micah

Re: [clamav-users] [External] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: ClamAV 0.103.0 rc2 [ In reply to ]
I forgot to say, I got this idea from https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.65/html_node/New-Macros.html

No idea if it will help.

Re: [clamav-users] [External] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: ClamAV 0.103.0 rc2 [ In reply to ]
This is an older Centos 6 box.  I can try on something newer.  The rm
and autoupdate did not resolve the autogen.sh issue.

--
*Kevin A. McGrail*
CEO Emeritus

Peregrine Computer Consultants Corporation
10311 Cascade Lane
Fairfax, VA 22032

http://www.pccc.com/

703-359-9700 / 800-823-8402 (Toll-Free)
703-798-0171 (wireless)
KMcGrail@PCCC.com <mailto:kmcgrail@pccc.com>

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kmcgrail
Yeah it didn’t help with my centos 7 box either. :-/ For what it’s worth, I had no issue building with CMake (installed using python3 pip) on that machine. ???? Of course that doesn’t help with verifying a bugfix for our autotools build system.

[cid:image001.gif@01D685F6.59E2C090]
Re: [clamav-users] [External] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: ClamAV 0.103.0 rc2 [ In reply to ]
On 9/8/2020 6:40 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:
> Yeah it didn’t help with my centos 7 box either. :-/  For what it’s
> worth, I had no issue building with CMake (installed using python3
> pip) on that machine. ????  Of course that doesn’t help with verifying a
> bugfix for our autotools build system.
Is your output similiar to mine with the m4 error?

[root@talonator clamav-0.103.0-rc2]# ./autogen.sh