The file you uploaded,xxxx.zip, contains a virus so the upload was
canceled: Cant create temporary directory ERROR

I had a look for clamd config file and there is none in /etc/clamd.d

What is the defaul TEMPDIR for clamav?

Is there a logfile I can look at?

Thanks

Dave Boulter
d.boulter42@gmail.com | 0417 705 997
Re: [clamav-users] Error uploading zip files, other files like jpg upload okay [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 11 May 2020, Dave Boulter via clamav-users wrote:

> The file you uploaded,xxxx.zip, contains a virus so the upload was
> canceled: Cant create temporary directory ERROR

The message "The file you uploaded..." did not come from ClamAV.

The message about not being able to create a directory may have done,
perhaps whatever lied to you about a virus also passed that message on
to you from ClamAV when it ran one of the ClamAV utilities for you.

> I had a look for clamd config file and there is none in /etc/clamd.d

If you are running ClamAV on Linux or similar you should be able to
get more information by reading the 'man' pages. For example

man clamd

or

man clamd.conf

might tell you where to find the configuration file. It's sometimes
under /usr/local/etc which never ceases to irritate me. :) It's also
possible that the documentation hasn't been installed, in which case
you can read it on the ClamAV Website (clamav.net).

> What is the defaul TEMPDIR for clamav?

According to the 'man' page, usually /tmp or /var/tmp but be aware
that it could be configured differently by the package maintainers of
your operating system's distribution.

> Is there a logfile I can look at?

Again configurable, it can log to files directly, or via 'syslog' or
whatever system logging daemon you happen to be using. You need to
provide more information. Please tell us about your operating system;
tell us if you installed ClamAV yourself or if you're using a service;
if you did install it yourself things can be different depending on
whether you installed from the original source from clamav.net or used
a package, so please tell us exactly how you did the installation, and
exactly what version of ClamV you're using.

--

73,
Ged.