Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] manual sync definitions
We have a private subnet.  So, we manually sync definitions.  But clamscan doesn't see them.  It declared definitions out of date.  Why is this happening?
Thanks much.
Re: [clamav-users] manual sync definitions [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020, Matthew Hersant via clamav-users wrote:

> We have a private subnet.  So, we manually sync definitions.  But
> clamscan doesn't see them.  It declared definitions out of
> date.  Why is this happening?

Most people run a private subnet, and this does not normally preclude
automated updates, which are much to be preferred over manual updates.
So we need more information. *For example* you have not said: which
operating system(s) you are using, what distinguishes *your* private
subnet from any other private subnet, what version of ClamAV you use,
how you installed it, how you arranged the process to 'manually sync
definitions', what definitions you mean, how you decide which to get
and when, where you get them from, how you get them, what you do with
them after you get them, and after you have done all that, _exactly_
how you use clamscan when you do a scan, the _exact_ results.

Please feel free to add to the list of missing information.

Please note that my list address rejects mail which is not sent by the
list server, and my mail servers reject almost all mail from Yahoo.

--

73,
Ged.