Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] EPEL Centos8 clamav maintainer
Hello,

Is there anyone who knows how I can contact the EPEL clamav maintainer
for CentOS 8?  Strangely there seems to be some missing systemd files
and the package dependancies do not work the same as in Centos7, so I
don't know if this is by design or some sort of bug.  In any case, I
there seems to be no way to start the daemon via systemd.  Maybe I am
doing something fundamentally wrong, but under Centos7 it is clearly
more intuitive.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] EPEL Centos8 clamav maintainer [ In reply to ]
On 12/20/19 9:17 AM, Chris Conn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there anyone who knows how I can contact the EPEL clamav maintainer
> for CentOS 8?  Strangely there seems to be some missing systemd files
> and the package dependancies do not work the same as in Centos7, so I
> don't know if this is by design or some sort of bug.  In any case, I
> there seems to be no way to start the daemon via systemd.  Maybe I am
> doing something fundamentally wrong, but under Centos7 it is clearly
> more intuitive.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20EPEL

But it should the same as before:

systemctl start clamd@scan

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems 720-772-5637