Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] A better zip bomb
Good day ClamAV and Steve

I have a client declaring that ClamAV signatures is not detecting zip bombs.

https://www.bamsoftware.com/hacks/zipbomb/

I took the liberty of spinning up a vagrant instance to find out for myself.

Here you can see I scanned the zip file, thats made available from the
above site. As you can see, clamav (inconjunction with Sanesecurity),
the file passed.

vagrant@stretch:~/src$ clamscan zbsm.zip
zbsm.zip: OK