Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Help with the code pls
Hello, since I downloaded the clamav code I tried to mount it somewhere in
a way that makes some sense but I am not achieving. Can someone tell me how
to mount it and where because for example in devC ++ I get an error.
Re: [clamav-users] Help with the code pls [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019, alex mc via clamav-users wrote:

> Hello, since I downloaded the clamav code I tried to mount it somewhere in
> a way that makes some sense but I am not achieving. Can someone tell me how
> to mount it and where because for example in devC ++ I get an error.

From where did you get the "clamav code" which you mention? Please
give the exact URL. There are many places where you might have found
it, and some of them are unsafe and best avoided. What exactly do you
have now? Is it a single file, or something more than that? What is
it called?

If you simply want to read the ClamAV code there are many ways to do
that but from your description I do not understand what you are trying
to do. Please can you try to explain how you hope to use ClamAV?

When you build ClamAV, the build and installation processes produce
executables, configuration files, documentation and so on. It's quite
a complex package. Are you familiar with using tools such as shells,
text editors and compilers? If not you will have to learn quite a lot
before you can build ClamAV and configure it to fit your requirements.

If you want to use the code to build executables so that you can run
them on your Operating System (OS) we will first need to know what OS
that is. What operating system are you using?

The word 'mount' has a very specific meaning to people who use Unix-
like operating systems such as Linux. You do not want to 'mount' the
ClamAV code in that way, it makes no sense to try to do that.

When you see an error which you do not understand, if you want anyone
here to help you with it you will need to explain what your computer
system is, _exactly_ what you did before the error appeared, and
_exactly_ what the error was.

--

73,
Ged.