Infected files: 1
Data scanned: 0.12 MB
Data read: 0.90 MB (ratio 0.14:1)
Time: 135.895 sec (2 m 15 s)

Why is this so slow? I see almost 100% cpu. But seriously on a 1MB file 2
mines? What could cause this high load? Can i speed this up a bit with kind
of cache or something?

thank you! :)
Re: [clamav-users] scanning of a 1MB exe files takes up to 130seconds on a single core xeon cpu - is that normal? [ In reply to ]
Dear,

This is happening because it takes time to load all the signatures.

Using clamdscan instead clamscan will probably giving you sub-second scan because all the signatures are already loaded into memory and it's just waiting for a scan.

Best regards,

Iulian

Get Outlook for Android

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 1:09 AM +0300, "Stefan Bauer via clamav-users" <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:

Hi folks,
root@mx1:~# clamscan scan335019041109350063746475.pdf.exe
scan335019041109350063746475.pdf.exe: SecuriteInfo.com.Adware.Generic4.BBFB.UNOFFICIAL FOUND