Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Installing clamav into debian container
Hi,

I’m just trying out clamav for the first time. I executed these steps:

docker run -it ubuntu /bin/bash
apt update
apt-get -y install clamdscan
freshclam

All these seemed to work successfully. But I’m not finding all the clamav components. For example, in /etc/clamav I only find these:

root@6be45d805467:/# ls /etc/clamav

freshclam.conf onerrorexecute.d onupdateexecute.d

No clamd.conf, nor clamd.conf.example.

And /usr/bin contains only:

root@6be45d805467:/# ls /usr/bin/*clam*
/usr/bin/clambc /usr/bin/clamdscan /usr/bin/clamscan /usr/bin/clamsubmit /usr/bin/freshclam

No clamconf. And no clamd, either.

I tried
Apt-get -y install clamav

But it didn’t find anything new to install.

So what obvious piece of instruction did I miss?

Thanks,
Jeff
Re: [clamav-users] Installing clamav into debian container [ In reply to ]
For clamd and clamd.conf, you’ll need to:

apt-get -y install clamav-daemon

As you’ve noticed, Ubuntu decided to split up the project into multiple components. You may also want to install libclamunrar for RAR file parsing support

apt-get -y install libclamunrar7

Regards,
Micah