Querying current.cvd.clamav.net <http://current.cvd.clamav.net/>
WARNING: Can't query current.cvd.clamav.net <http://current.cvd.clamav.net/>
WARNING: Invalid DNS reply. Falling back to HTTP mode.
If-Modified-Since: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 21:38:10 GMT
Reading CVD header (main.cvd): WARNING: Can't get information about db.US.clamav.net <http://db.us.clamav.net/>: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
WARNING: Can't read main.cvd header from db.US.clamav.net <http://db.us.clamav.net/> (IP: )
Trying again in 5 secs…

And

Update failed. Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed in /opt/local/etc/freshclam.conf is working. Check https://www.clamav.net/documents/official-mirror-faq <https://www.clamav.net/documents/official-mirror-faq> for possible reasons.

But, when I check the official-mirror-faq I get a 404 error.

What do I need to do to fix this?
Re: [clamav-users] Update Failure [ In reply to ]
Appears to have been a failure regarding your Internet connection at the time. Probably a short outage. I'm not seeing any issues from where I am on the West Coast at this time.
The mirror FAQ doesn't exist any more and should be replaced or removed from those instructions.
-Al-
I’ve not had trouble updating in the past, but last night:
Querying http://current.cvd.clamav.net/"]current.cvd.clamav.net
WARNING: Can't query http://current.cvd.clamav.net/"]current.cvd.clamav.net
Reading CVD header (main.cvd): WARNING: Can't get information about http://db.us.clamav.net/"]db.US.clamav.net: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
WARNING: Can't read main.cvd header from http://db.us.clamav.net/"]db.US.clamav.net (IP: )

Re: [clamav-users] Update Failure [ In reply to ]

Re: [clamav-users] Update Failure [ In reply to ]
We should probably remove that "official-mirror-faq" link from freshclam.

There are no "mirrors" anymore. :)

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division

Update failed. Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed in /opt/local/etc/freshclam.conf is working. Check https://www.clamav.net/documents/official-mirror-faq for possible reasons.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Update Failure [ In reply to ]
I have been working on a major update to freshclam, and have coincidentally already removed that in my working branch. ????

-Micah