Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Clamd Service hangs on startup
Hello all,

i'm a newbie with ClamAv.

I've been using it for a few years with MailScanner using the 'wrapper'
method. but lately that has proven to be very slow. I think it may be due
to ClamAv engine startup time, everytime MailScanner calls on it. a run of
'Time MailScanner --lint' shows a 3 minute run time to scan the eicar test
virus?

So i want o install ClamAV as a service and point MailScanner to the
clamd.scoket in the hopes that it would reduce scan times.

I'm running into an issue, however;

I've installed CalmAv following the online documentation and configured the
clamd.service accordingly.

however, when i try to start the service, the clamd process shoots up to
100% cpu utilization and appears to hang-crash-restart-repeat. Attached is
the clamd.service log

I attempted to fix the two errors seen at Sun Apr 7 11:56 by creating the
directories / files and setting the appropriate ownership.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

regards
Sebastiano