Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Upgrade ClamAV on Mac Problem
I run a Mac OSX server – High Sierra.

I noticed in my anti virus log that there was a new version of Clam AV:

WARNING: Local version: 0.99.2 Recommended version: 0.101.1

I followed these instructions exactly and didn’t have any problems:

https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-macos-mac-os-x

HOWEVER, whenever I start my mail server on OSX and look at the log file

It is still running version 0.99.2 and isn’t finding 0.101.1

The new install is in /usr/local/cellar/clamAV

And the old install appears to be under /library/server/mail/scanner or something like that.

What am I missing?

What config file is pointing to the old install vs the new install?

How/what do I change?

Thank you for your help.
Re: [clamav-users] Upgrade ClamAV on Mac Problem [ In reply to ]
Updating it can only properly be done by Apple and they have never been interested in doing that since they first used it.

There are some very old instructions on how to update ClamAV on an OS X Server >= 10.5.6. The author has made it clear that he won't be updating them and the question I asked about one fine point back in Oct 2016 went unanswered, but you might be able to work your way through it:

<https://topicdesk.com/downloads/tutorials/updating-clamav-on-os-x-server-g-1056/ <https://topicdesk.com/downloads/tutorials/updating-clamav-on-os-x-server-g-1056/>>

-Al-

Re: [clamav-users] Upgrade ClamAV on Mac Problem [ In reply to ]
Thanks Al.

I found that last night after my email.

It looks like I need to update the path with the new version that load when the mac loads.