Mailing List Archive

False Positive?
Figured I would ask here before reporting.

I just sent a test email message to mailtest@unlocktheinbox.com and the
response email they sent back to me was flagged by ClamAV or Sane signatures
as a virus and the email was deleted.

Below is the line from the server log:

"APPLICATION" 2560 "2012-05-25 06:09:25.984"
"SMTPDeliverer - Message 3509: Message deleted (contained virus
INetMsg.SpamDomain-2w.awltovhc_com.UNOFFICIAL)."

I'm assuming this is a false positive but I don't know where to report
because I don't know how to tell if this is a ClamAV or Sane signature.

Can someone please tell me how I can find out if this is a false positive
and who the signature belongs to?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: False Positive? [ In reply to ]
On 2012-05-25 13:36, Jeff wrote:
> Figured I would ask here before reporting.
>

> I just sent a test email message to mailtest@unlocktheinbox.com and the
> response email they sent back to me was flagged by ClamAV or Sane signatures
> as a virus and the email was deleted.
>

> Below is the line from the server log:
>

> "APPLICATION" 2560 "2012-05-25 06:09:25.984"
> "SMTPDeliverer - Message 3509: Message deleted (contained virus
> INetMsg.SpamDomain-2w.awltovhc_com.UNOFFICIAL)."
>

> I'm assuming this is a false positive but I don't know where to report
> because I don't know how to tell if this is a ClamAV or Sane signature.

The UNOFFICIAL suffix in the virusname means that this is not an official ClamAV signature.

--Edwin
Re: False Positive? [ In reply to ]
Thanks Edwin!