Mailing List Archive

StreamMaxLength > 4GB
I am using the ClamAV-x86_64-0.97.4 release on Windows Server 2008. I'd like to check files >4GB as well and set StreamMaxLength to a value of say 10000M (MaxScanSize and MaxFileSize are set to '0'). However, when I start clamd, I get the warning "Numerical value for option StreamMaxLength too high, resetting to 4G". Is there an possibility to get rid of this limitation on the Windows platform? I imagined using a x86_64-release would help solving exactly these issues...

Andreas
Re: StreamMaxLength > 4GB [ In reply to ]
On 05/15/2012 02:14 PM, Andreas Nef wrote:
> I am using the ClamAV-x86_64-0.97.4 release on Windows Server 2008. I'd like to check files >4GB as well and set StreamMaxLength to a value of say 10000M (MaxScanSize and MaxFileSize are set to '0'). However, when I start clamd, I get the warning "Numerical value for option StreamMaxLength too high, resetting to 4G". Is there an possibility to get rid of this limitation on the Windows platform? I imagined using a x86_64-release would help solving exactly these issues...

Scanning files >4GB is not supported in many places in the engine, and its not useful anyway.
Only thing it'd be useful for is if it was an ISO, but then you don't want to stream the ISO through TCP,
you can just mount it and scan it, or just scan it.

--Edwin
Re: StreamMaxLength > 4GB [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the quick reply. I nonetheless would have liked to scan all the files that pass through my server, even the large video files which are up to around 15GB. The thing is that on the command line using clamdscan there is no problem checking these large files at all. I would assume clamdscan is going through the clamd service as well.

Andreas