In reference to running "freshclam" as a scheduled task did the trick,
but the clamd service is still trying to run freshclam by itself. If i
set "checks 0" in freshclam.conf the error log now shows

Wed Apr 30 16:46:13 2008 -> WARNING: Number of checks must be a positive
integer.

Geoff

Re: Freshclam Daemonize [ In reply to ]
> Hi Bret,
>
> actually this is being run by the clamd service itself "out of the
> box", im not trying to run as a daemon. where is this controlled from
> the clamd.conf?
>
> In reference to running "freshclam" as a scheduled task did the trick,
> but the clamd service is still trying to run freshclam by itself. If i
> set "checks 0" in freshclam.conf the error log now shows
>
> Wed Apr 30 16:46:13 2008 -> WARNING: Number of checks must be a
> positive
> integer.

Hmmm... I had to stop running clamd with 0.91 because it kept crashing. Was
hoping that a future release might fix it, but that future release has been
very slow in coming. I understand because my time has been very limited to
look at solutions too, so hopefully this is a temporary problem. I'd get the
full text of the error and go post it on the clamav bug list if it's not
already there.

Bret