--
pozdrawiam,
?ukasz Baniecki

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

please check to freshclam.log for more detailed informations whats going on.

kind greetings
Marc

An / To: Newcomer01 <mailto:newcomer01@posteo.de>
CC / CC: ?ukasz Baniecki <mailto:baniecki.lukasz@gmail.com>
Gesendet / Sent: Mittwoch, Juli 05, 2023 um 10:21 (at 10:21 AM) +0200
Betreff / Subject: [clamav-users] Cloudflare ban?

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]
Today I did a clean cvd update, meaning I removed everything in
/var/lib/clamav, I flushed my fw rules, so it won't block anything, I
have clamav version 0.103.8 which is LTS, so it shouldn't be banned.
Here is the full log of freshclam: https://pastebin.com/RbSNnM5C
It specifically says I get 403 from Cloudflare. I must be banned,
otherwise I don't know where to look.

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]

> Today I did a clean cvd update, meaning I removed everything in
> /var/lib/clamav, I flushed my fw rules, so it won't block anything, I
> have clamav version 0.103.8 which is LTS, so it shouldn't be banned.
> Here is the full log of freshclam: https://pastebin.com/RbSNnM5C
> It specifically says I get 403 from Cloudflare. I must be banned,
> otherwise I don't know where to look.

Cloudflare sucks, I constantly have such pages telling that it is not cloudflare's error but the server. Which statistically is very unlikely.

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 08:49:55 +0200
?ukasz Baniecki via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:

> It specifically says I get 403 from Cloudflare. I must be banned,

403 is temporary error, if it was permanent (which might be due to a
ban) it would be a 5xx error.

--

Brian Morrison

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]
On 7/11/23 8:44?AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
> 403 is temporary error, if it was permanent (which might be due to a
> ban) it would be a 5xx error.
I may need more coffee, but I don't think that's correct.

Yes, in email, 4xy is temporary and 5xy is permanent.

However in HTTP, 4xy and 5xy mean significantly different things than
they do in SMTP.

Per Mozilla's HTTP response status code page (link below), 400-499 (4xy)
is "client (made an) error" response.

403 specifically is "The client does not have access rights to the
content; that is, it is unauthorized, so the server is refusing to give
the requested resource."

Link - HTTP response status codes
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status

Grant. . . .

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]
403 is a specific ban. Maybe by country or an Ip specifically.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 11:22:43 -0500
Grant Taylor via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:

> On 7/11/23 8:44?AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
> > 403 is temporary error, if it was permanent (which might be due to
> > a ban) it would be a 5xx error.
> I may need more coffee, but I don't think that's correct.
>
> Yes, in email, 4xy is temporary and 5xy is permanent.
>
> However in HTTP, 4xy and 5xy mean significantly different things than
> they do in SMTP.
>
> Per Mozilla's HTTP response status code page (link below), 400-499
> (4xy) is "client (made an) error" response.
>
> 403 specifically is "The client does not have access rights to the
> content; that is, it is unauthorized, so the server is refusing to
> give the requested resource."
>
> Link - HTTP response status codes
> - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status

You're right, I was not thinking clearly enough.

Of course it would really help if numerical error codes like these had
consistent meanings but I imagine that ship is 30+ years over the
horizon now.

--

Brian Morrison

Re: Cloudflare ban? [ In reply to ]
On 7/11/23 11:52?AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
> You're right, I was not thinking clearly enough.

That's why we're better together than individually.

I'm trusting that you'll help me next time. :-D

> Of course it would really help if numerical error codes like these had
> consistent meanings but I imagine that ship is 30+ years over the
> horizon now.

Agreed.

Grant. . . .