CM & Unity with AD 2003
I'm currently running CM 3.3.4, IPCC 3.1.2, and unity 4.0.2.

I have integrated all into my AD 2000. We are going to bring up an
Exchange 2003 box and need to upgrade the AD schema for 2003. Will this
break anything? My understanding of the schema changes to AD are just
adds not modifications. Does any one know for sure?

TIA

Scott
Re: CM & Unity with AD 2003 [ In reply to ]
I have not done the upgrade, but have consulted with our sysadmin that
she mentioned the the same, they are adds not mods to the schema so they
*shouldn't* break anything.
--
Anthony Mendoza

On 8/9/2004 9:07 AM, Voll, Scott wrote:
> I'm currently running CM 3.3.4, IPCC 3.1.2, and unity 4.0.2.
>
> I have integrated all into my AD 2000. We are going to bring up an
> Exchange 2003 box and need to upgrade the AD schema for 2003. Will this
> break anything? My understanding of the schema changes to AD are just
> adds not modifications. Does any one know for sure?
>
> TIA
>
> Scott

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message and
or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of
recipient is prohibited. If you received this e-mail or its
attachments in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any system and destroy any copies.
RE: CM & Unity with AD 2003 [ In reply to ]
Scott,

I belive there is an issue with a labelURI that Cisco creates. There is a
tool and readme about this in Software Center for CM4.0:

avvidADPrep.1-0-3-Readme.htm
Readme for Cisco AD plugin scripts

avvidADPrep.1-0-3.exe
Scripts to diagnose and correct the labeledURI schema definition issue in AD
2000 caused by the Cisco AD plugin

/Wes

RE: CM & Unity with AD 2003 [ In reply to ]
Brad--

Thanks for the information. Here is what I'm really doing:

We currently have an ICS 7750 running CM 3.3.4 and Unity 4.0.2 and then
I have a MCS 7825 running IPCC 3.1.2. Everything is integrated into my
AD 2000 / Exchange 2000 Domain.

The Plan:
I have two 7835s and a 7825 coming to replace my ICS 7750. When I
install I'm going to be loading CM 4.1 and Unity 4.0.4 and then EFT
IPCC. So I'm trying to have my AD moved to 2003 and have an Exchange
2003 box in place to move to. So I just don't want to kill my current
setup until I can get the new boxes up and running.

The current unity will still be using the exchange 2000 box where as the
new one will be looking at the exchange 2003 box. Then I will just
migrate all my current users over to 2003.

So I won't need to run the avvidADPrep.1.0.3.exe?

So just do my AD connector, Domain prep, and Forest prep?

Thanks

Scott