Mailing List Archive

insufficient bandwidth on Cisco ATA 188 with GnuGK
Hello,
when I try to make a call to Cisco ATA188 I recieve "insufficient
bandwidth" message.
My configuration:
ATA188 (192.168.1.7) <---> (192.168.1.6) FreeBSD.5.2;GnuGK
(botka.homeunix.org) <--->
1. I use OhPhone (sw) to make calls.
2. there is no problem to make calls to ATA188 from internal network
(192.168.1.0) with OhPhone, or NetMeeting
3. there is no problem to make calls with OhPhone, or NetMeeting from
outside world to OhPhone, or NetMeeting on internal network (192.168.1.0)
5. the problem *IS* to call ATA188 from outside world ( was tested with
OhPhone and NetMeeting). The ATA188 rings, but there is no connection
established.
next is the ATA188 syslog:
callingpartynumber info: 0x60 0x0 0
Q931<-0:Proceeding
SCC:ev=21[0:0] 0 0
GK<-0: ARQ: 0
GK->0: ACF:0 GK-routed
IRR in 120 sec
CallRasCallBack: 1 33e19a7 33e1af5 33e3d6b
SCC:ev=5[0:0] 13 0
[0:0]RINGING
SCC->(0 0) <cmd 3>
Q931<-0:Alerting
Q931->0:ReleaseComplete: reason -1, tone = 7
H245<-0:EndSessionCmd 0
Q931<-*:ReleaseComplete
SCC:ev=7[0:0] 5 0
[0]MPT mode 0
GK<-0: DRQ:0
SCC:ev=13[0:0] 0 0
GK->0: DCF
CallRasCallBack: 1 0 0 33e3fdf
;
0,
last message repeated 3 times

I would appreciate any competent suggestion.
If needed I can help with FreeBSD and GnuGk configuration for Cisco ATA
and H323.

Cheers,

Vladimir
Re: insufficient bandwidth on Cisco ATA 188 with GnuGK [ In reply to ]
hi

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:15:49PM +0200, vladimir botka wrote:
>5. the problem *IS* to call ATA188 from outside world ( was tested with
>OhPhone and NetMeeting). The ATA188 rings, but there is no connection
>established.

1) ohphone used to send uncompatible message about bandwidth.
So you can configure GK to allow maximum bandwidth.
With AquaGK this advice works fine.

2) In case of codecs problem ATA rings without normal connect too.

>next is the ATA188 syslog:
>callingpartynumber info: 0x60 0x0 0
>Q931<-0:Proceeding
>SCC:ev=21[0:0] 0 0
>GK<-0: ARQ: 0
>GK->0: ACF:0 GK-routed
>IRR in 120 sec
>CallRasCallBack: 1 33e19a7 33e1af5 33e3d6b
>SCC:ev=5[0:0] 13 0
>[0:0]RINGING
>SCC->(0 0) <cmd 3>
>Q931<-0:Alerting
>Q931->0:ReleaseComplete: reason -1, tone = 7
>H245<-0:EndSessionCmd 0
>Q931<-*:ReleaseComplete
>SCC:ev=7[0:0] 5 0
>[0]MPT mode 0
>GK<-0: DRQ:0
>SCC:ev=13[0:0] 0 0
>GK->0: DCF
>CallRasCallBack: 1 0 0 33e3fdf
>;
>0,
>last message repeated 3 times

The call is GK routed. Check GK log file for more details.

>I would appreciate any competent suggestion.
>If needed I can help with FreeBSD and GnuGk configuration for Cisco ATA
>and H323.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Vladimir

Oleg Shevtsov
Chief of NOC InterExchange Carrier
phone +380442399740
mobile +380672341642
fax +380442468910
http://www.ixcaccounting.com
Re: insufficient bandwidth on Cisco ATA 188 with GnuGK [ In reply to ]
From the trace on the ATA, the release appears to be coming into the ata.
As to why the GK would be dropping the call, don't know. If you can get a
ethereal trace of the message being sent out and maybe compare this with
your netmeeting case which does work, it might help answer as to why.

What version of the ata are you running? What codec are you using? Do you
have the config page on the ata when this is failing?

Bryan

Re: insufficient bandwidth on Cisco ATA 188 with GnuGK [ In reply to ]
Hi guys,

thanks to all who replied. The problem was solved by "Enable h245
tunneling" on Cisco ATA. By default the bit 1 in parameter ConnectMode
is 0 (disable h245 tunneling). So, when using Cisco ATA on internal
network behind NAT&FW registred with GnuGK in Routedmode

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=0
SupportNATedEndpoints=1

Cisco ATA is not able to negotiate PSTN connection parameters unless
h245 tunneling is enabled. If you got similar problem try:

ConnectMode:0x00060402
instead of default
ConnectMode:0x00060400

Cheers,