Software Engineer
Cygate Måldata AB
Dalvägen 28
SE-169 56 Solna
Mobile: +46 70 690 61 51
Direct: +46 8 630 51 92
Email: peter.lewandowski@cygatemaldata.se
Homepage: http://www.cygatemaldata.se
RE: Intercept the callerID [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

AFAIK, CDR is written after the call leg is completed, so that would be a
bit late.

The only thing that comes to mind is using CRS/IPCC Expresss (or your own
CTI App) to intercept the call, do your database dip, and then either:
1. redirect/xfer and set the calling party name/number attributes
2. use jtapi CiscoTermainl.sendData to update additional in formation to the
display of the phone.

/Wes

SV: Intercept the callerID [ In reply to ]
Hi, again...

Isn't any call data written to the database before the call leg is complete?

The IPCC idea could work. There I can buy some time playing a welcome
message to the caller and when I do the lookup.

On a "simple" CallManager, it seems that I would have to create a CTI
application and route all call through that interface.

RE: Intercept the callerID [ In reply to ]
In my digging it appears you can just monitor each line with an observer,
then when a call arrives on that line, do your db dip and update the phone
GUI. Logically it should reach by the 2nd ring or so. I have not
implemented yet so cannot speak to actual timing/behavior.

/Wes

SV: Intercept the callerID [ In reply to ]
Hi Wes,

Well the second ring is good enough. It will still give the IP Phone user
some information about who is calling. When you talk about monitoring each
line with on observer, do mean all the lines configured on the CallManager
or all incoming lines from the PSTN? This service is really only needed for
incomming calls from the PSTN.

Do you know where I can get hold of some API describing how I can implement
the observer?

RE: Intercept the callerID [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

You will find most of your answers in the JTAPI developer guide:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_re
ference_guides_list.html

There is a bit more detailed help available after you install the Cisco
JTAPI plugin from your callmanager:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration
_guide_chapter09186a00800cdec2.html#99905

Look under the programs menu for Cisco JTAPI.

monitoring with an observer refers to monitoring the state of the line
appearance on the phone. Your CTIApp will receive updates when a call is
presented to that line.

I have heard that Aptigen (http://www.aptigen.net) may already have this
type of application built and ready for use.

/Wes

SV: Intercept the callerID [ In reply to ]
Hi again,

Thanks for your help! I'll start reading the API ASAP :D

Med vänlig hälsning