Mailing List Archive

workaround for: ip phone transfer call(7940/60)
hi there,

I have experimented a workaround with 7940 and 7960. THe phone has 2 DN
configured:

line1: 2307
call waiting disabled
Forward Busy on 12307
Forward No Answer 92307 (voicemail)

line2: 12307
call waiting disabled
Forward No Answer 92307

With this configuration I am able to transfer the two call. But if I have
the first line busy, and I need to do another phone call, when I press the
NewCall softphone and digit the phone number the line used is the
2307's phantom line and not the 12307.

I think that this should be a callmanager setting. But I'm not able to
find it. Anyone have an idea?

thanks in advance.
Leonardo
RE: workaround for: ip phone transfer call(7940/60) [ In reply to ]
Hi Leonardo,

this too is by design - with this logic:

receive a call on line1.
press transfer to transfer the call.
inadvertently dial the wrong number.
press 'endcall'
now, to make a new call to the proper destination just press the 'new call'
softkey.

If you tried to press the 1st line button, you would resume the 1st call.
Otherwise, you would have to resume the 1st call, then hit transfer again,
then dial the appropriate destination number.

This also allows you to just press the 2nd line button to place the 1st call
on hold AND go offhook for a new call, thus reducing the number of key
presses and time involved.

/Wes