Mailing List Archive

In-band DTMF with Cisco Call Manager
Anyone know how to set DTMF signaling to be in-band using Call Manager
3.3 and a 7960 IP phone? The phone is using Skinny to talk to the Call
Manager.

jim.brunetti@usa.net
RE: In-band DTMF with Cisco Call Manager [ In reply to ]
AFAIK, It's not possible. All dtmf events must be sent as SCCP events to
CCM for IPPhones.

/Wes

RE: In-band DTMF with Cisco Call Manager [ In reply to ]
The problem is actually between my PSTN gateway and the CCM (I'm guessing).
The CCM is doing dtmf-relay which my gateway does not support. The weird
thing about all of this is that when we first set everything up, we were
seeing inband DTMF from the phone/CCM and everything worked great. A few days
later it magically changed to H245 and no one knows why or how to switch it
back.

jim.brunetti@usa.net
RE: In-band DTMF with Cisco Call Manager [ In reply to ]
What sort of gateway is it?