Mailing List Archive

RE: re 7970 on CCM 3.2? Possible?
Building out a new office in Australia and I'm specing out the router
VWIC to plug in my VOICE E1.

The voice provider stated, "We can terminate it on whatever interface is
suitable to your equipment on site - G703 unstructured or X.21 or V.35
structured services"

I've been told they do G703 standard, but I'm not familiar with that
type of interface at all.

My questions are:

1. What is unstructured v. structured

2. I've seen unbalanced and balanced for g703. What the heck is that?

3. Do I need to get a special type of VWIC for this? (going into a Cisco

2651XM)

4. What type of connector is going to be handed off.

Cisco VWIC is RJ45/48 and I've heard G703 is coaxial!?!?

Cisco sells a RJ45 to BNC 75 Ohm Unbalanced and a RJ45 to Twinax
120 Ohm balanced.

Any information to clarify this fog would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-=Vandy=-