Mailing List Archive

Cisco router as SIP gateway
Hi-

I was thinking about SIP and some of the free SIP services that are available. Since they are free, I can't count on them for PSTN access.

My thought was to use a Cisco router with FXO ports to connect to the PSTN (yes, I realize there are security concerns), but is such a thing possible?

I've checked Cisco's website and have found the "sip-ua" command as well as the "voice service voip" command. Neither one of them seem to offer the ability to insert a username/password combination to register with a SIP proxy somewhere.

Does anyone know if this capability is possible with a Cisco router?

Thanks!

-Eric