aim: macmedley01
medley@appiaservices.com

You can now call our Support Line 877-277-4297
SIP Gateway and CCM [ In reply to ]
I know that CCM 3.3(x) doesn't support SIP natively; I'll have to wait
for CCM 4.0(x) for native SIP trunking.

For now, can I use an IOS gateway to translate between H323 and SIP? I'm
thinking CCM connects to an IOS H323 GW. The IOS H323 GW connects to a
SIP Gateway.

We are looking at connecting to another service provider that really
wants us to use SIP instead of H323 to connect to their gateways.

tm

Tim Medley
Appia Communications
(231) 929-0970 x112
(704) 905-4604 cell

RE: SIP Gateway and CCM [ In reply to ]
Cisco Gateways can act as SIP User Agents (endpoints, basically).

I don't know that they would be able to translate from an inbound SIP request to H323 well, as that would be a "Voip hairpin" - something the routers couldn't do until the very latest 12.3 code. I've never tried this code so I can't say it will work.

I'm assuming it'd look something like this:

Service Provider -> Network connection -> your gateway -> CallManager

In this case, with 12.3 code, you could make a VoIP Peer with a SIP session target, and an H323 Voip Peer with CallManager as the target. As I said, this is supposed to work in the very latest 12.3, I couldn't say if it does, or how well it might work (my 12.3 experiences have all been very bad so far).

________________________________

RE: SIP Gateway and CCM [ In reply to ]
Supposedly there is a new "SIP Proxy" software product that works with
CCM 4.0. Our Cisco AM could not describe it.

Baylor Fooks

________________________________

RE: SIP Gateway and CCM [ In reply to ]
The Cisco SIP Proxy Server has been around for quite a while and info on it
is available at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2157/index.html

Richard

_____

I know that CCM 3.3(x) doesn't support SIP natively; I'll have to wait for
CCM 4.0(x) for native SIP trunking.

For now, can I use an IOS gateway to translate between H323 and SIP? I'm
thinking CCM connects to an IOS H323 GW. The IOS H323 GW connects to a SIP
Gateway.

We are looking at connecting to another service provider that really wants
us to use SIP instead of H323 to connect to their gateways.

tm

Tim Medley
Appia Communications
(231) 929-0970 x112
(704) 905-4604 cell
aim: macmedley01
medley@appiaservices.com <mailto:medley@appiaservices.com>

You can now call our Support Line 877-277-4297