Mailing List Archive

mulitcasting to IP phone and PBX
I want to multicast to all my IP phones and to an extension on my PBX.
The Voice gateway is setup to know about extension xxxx. I want the
gateway to terminate the multicast and sent it to extension xxxx. How
would I configure that? Any ideas. CM 3.3.4 and V-GW 12.2.13T

TIA

Scott
RE: mulitcasting to IP phone and PBX [ In reply to ]
Scott,

Not quite sure what you're talking about here. You mean something like
Berbee's Informacast?
http://phone-xml.berbee.com/InformaCast_Main.html

This uses an XML push to the ipphones so the phones play whatver is received
in the multicast stream. Note there is no normal call setup (digit analyis,
etc), this is pushed from the Informacast server directly to the ipphones.

I cannot ponder a way currently to have this streamed to a gateway though,
because gateways don't support the XML push.

Berbee may have already figured this out. If you need a contact there, let
me know.

/Wes