Mailing List Archive

MGCP-ccm
Hello

I have a question :-)

In my lab i have recently put Router 1760 witch 4xFXS ports with ccm
3.3(3) and I tried to run MGCP on it. When I configured ccm and router I
have no signal on fxs ports . Does anyone knows what is going on .

Router's configuration added :

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 10.1.1.2

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

!

ccm-manager mgcp

!

/FXS port /

dial-peer voice 1 pots

application MCPAPP

port 2/2

Call manager is configured as in cisco instruction.

Maybe I should configure something else on this router ?

Systemy Sieciowe SEVENET Sp. z o.o.

Marcin Nowacki

tel. +58 3400414, 600490308; fax. +58 3400401

e-mail: marcin_nowacki <BLOCKED::mailto:marcin_nowacki@sevenet.pl>
@sevenet.pl

RE: MGCP-ccm [ In reply to ]
Marcin,

Hit one of the MGCP guides on CCO and watch the typing.
"application MCPAPP" isn't quite going to cut it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_n
ote09186a008009428e.shtml

/wes

e-mail: marcin_nowacki@sevenet.pl

Re: MGCP-ccm [ In reply to ]
Do the endpoints show as registered in the CallManager? To ensure that the
MGCP configuration is correct try using the MGCP auto config. This will
have the router go to the CM and download the config and should be all you
need to do to get it registered.

To configure this simply configure the following:
ccm-manager config
ccm-manager config server <ip address of cm>

After it does this if you don't like some of the settings it configures you
can always turn off the auto config and tweak to your heart's content. Also
check to see what the CM configures as mgcp call-agent. I just saw recently
where the CM configured a hostname there that the router couldn't resolve.

-Ryan