Mailing List Archive

Caller ID question with CM
List members-

I have a little Caller ID problem, that needs some attention.

I'm using CM 3.3.3 sr1.

The problem is I have set up my Route Pattern of 9.@ with a Calling
Party Transform Mask of 503385xxxx. This works great for the internal
users. The problem becomes when I have my phone forwarded to my cell.
Now if someone calls my ip phone, they get forwarded to my cell. Only
my cell gets 503-385-xxxx, xxxx being the calling parties last four
digits, making for a wrong caller id number.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Scott Voll
Network Analyst, CCNA
Willamette ESD
RE: Caller ID question with CM [ In reply to ]
Scott,

You will need to setup external phone number mask on each phone internally
and check "use calling party's external phone number mask" on the 9.@ route
pattern. Then only calls directly from ipphones will get those prefix
digits. I believe this can be updated in BAT to simplify your life some :-)

/Wes