Mailing List Archive

Extension mobility CM 3.3
I have followed the instructions on how to set up Extension Mobility and
Now I'm getting an "login Unsuccessful" "Error[6]" I have found on CCO
error 6 means--->

6

When a user tries to log in to a phone that is configured for Cisco
CallManager Extension Mobility and enters UserID and PIN, the phone
displays "6."

The service is not authenticating the user.

A problem may exist with Virtual Directory. Verify that the Virtual
Directory Login Password is correct.

What is the Virtual Directory and how do I check to see if my password
is correct?

Scott Voll

Network Analyst, CCNA

Willamette ESD

Phone: (503) 385-4571

scott.voll@wesd.org <mailto:scott.voll@wesd.org>

Confidential

This E-Mail and any attachments transmitted with it are property of
Willamette ESD and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this E-Mail is
addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise
have reason to believe that you have received this E-Mail in error,
please notify me at scott.voll@wesd.org and delete this E-Mail and any
attachments. Any other use, retention, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited.
RE: Extension mobility CM 3.3 [ In reply to ]
The "virtual directory" is the IIS virtual directory as viewed in
Administrative Tools ->Internet Services Manager from the start menu. There
are a few security configurations there. This may be referring to the
"password" for the "application" which
can be confiugred under start->programs->administrative tools->component
services. Then under console root->component services->computers->my
computer->com+ applications. Right click on your application/virtual
directory and enter the correct password on the Identity tab.

To correct the password:
1. query the IIS metabase for the current password
(http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?View=A128)
2. set the user password to match what IIS is using
(in computer management)
3. configure your applications to use that password
(in component services)

/Wes