Phone 7960 with 6 lines. (lines 1-4 the main number 5900, line 5 the old number 1431, and line 6 personal extension for receptionist 5970)

Have followed the config in this link, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml and I no longer have the 5900 extension available. It looks like this is an older document, so I'm not sure if something changed in CM 3.3.3sr1.

Basicly I want the receptionist to have 5 lines to answer. And be able to use attendant console. What am I doing wrong.

Scott Voll
Network Analyst, CCNA
Willamette ESD
Phone: (503) 385-4571
scott.voll@wesd.org

RE: Attendant console with 7960 and 6 lines [ In reply to ]
Scott,

AC (specifically CTI or QBE, the protocol AC uses to communicate with CCM)
does not understand partitions, so it sees all 5 of the lines with the
number
"5900" as the same line which causes a great amount of confusion to users,
CCM, to AC, and everyone else I've spoken with.

You will need to setup the phone to have 6 unique DN's, then it will work.

/Wes

RE: Attendant console with 7960 and 6 lines [ In reply to ]
Typically we assign

5900 line 1
15900 line 2
25900 line 3