Is that possible at all?

--
k.
Re: Restricting CLID. [ In reply to ]
Jakub,

Do you want to "set the presentation indicator to Restricted" or do
you want to remove the Calling Party Number IE? The former will
continue to send the Calling Party Number IE, including the number
of the caller, but will specify that it should not be displayed on
the called party's telephone. This allows services such as Call
Return to continue to work.

In either case I don't have an answer handy but it something to
consider.

-Vance

} Is there any way to set an 'restricted' information for CLIP for an
} outgoing call from an AS5300? I mean any other then requesting a CLIR fro
} the whole trunk from the upstream operator. I want to be able to restrict
} the calling numbers only for some calls.
} Is that possible at all?
}
}
} --
} k.

} _______________________________________________
} cisco-voip mailing list
} cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Re: Restricting CLID. [ In reply to ]
=> Do you want to "set the presentation indicator to Restricted" or do
=> you want to remove the Calling Party Number IE? The former will
=> continue to send the Calling Party Number IE, including the number
=> of the caller, but will specify that it should not be displayed on
=> the called party's telephone. This allows services such as Call
=> Return to continue to work.
=>
=> In either case I don't have an answer handy but it something to
=> consider.
=>
=> -Vance

I'd rather have the secound one, ie not sending anything in the CPA number IE,
but setting the restricted indicator would be also very nice.

The only way i somehow thought of doing the former is to do some tricky
translation-rule, but despite my problems with the translation-rules logic
and grammar earlier, i don't know how to make it to leave the rewritten
field empty.

Any sugguestions?

--
k.
Re: Restricting CLID. [ In reply to ]
Jakob,

i am using a rule like this:

!
translation-rule 1
Rule 1 any null
!

to remove all calling numbers on outgoing calls. Also depending on
the IOS version you run, there might be a clid option in the pots
dial-peer:

xxx-xxxx(config-dial-peer)#clid ?
network-number To provide Network Provided Number
restrict To restrict presentation of caller ID
strip To remove calling party number entirely

It is in 12.3. In earlier versions i think it was invisible.

Regards,
Christian.