Mailing List Archive

Question about detecting end-point analog telephony device present on ATA
Hi all -
Thanks for the earlier assistance with obtaining details for ATAs.
Turned out the only way to do it is a screenscrape and check each one for
the DN.

My next goal is:
How to know if there's a device of any kind attached to the port of an
ATA-186.

I know for my VG-224 devices, I can do this:
VG224#test voice port 2/0 line-test phone-detection
measured result 0x20C48FB
AC current = 0421 uA
port 2/0 has phone connected

Does anyone know if there's anything similar in an ATA, like somewhere in
the web interface
where a similar statistic is reported or a test available?

We've got a lot of these that are remote to us, and I need to figure out
which
ones still have anything attached, and which ones are simply dead wire
hanging off and the equipment
may have been removed or powered off long ago.
(yes, people don't tell us when they stop using something, or an outside
vendor switches things around without IT knowing it.
I bet we all have that T-shirt..)

Thanks Tim

--

*Quis custodiet
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_custodiet_ipsos_custodes%3F>ipsos*

Tim Reimers

Network Administrator

I.T Services

City of Asheville

treimers@ashevillenc.gov

(desk) 828-259-5512

(cell) 828-552-1585

"That’s no ordinary rabbit packet! That’s the most foul, cruel, and bad
tempered badly framed packet you ever set eyes on. Listen, that packet’s
got a vicious streak a mile wide, he’s a killer.He’s got huge sharp MTU…eh,
he can leap about and cross Vlans…. I warned you, I warned you but did you
listen? No… ohhh no, it’s just a harmless little packet on the network,
isn’t it now...."
Re: Question about detecting end-point analog telephony device present on ATA [ In reply to ]
I'm not aware of anything like this for the ATAs. We standardize a lot of
our large Enterprise customers on the VG Series for remote locations just
for things like this. It's way more costly than ATAs though unfortunately.

Re: Question about detecting end-point analog telephony device present on ATA [ In reply to ]
Here is a SQL command I use to get a list of all the devices that includes device, primary number on the device and mac.This will give you CTI route points also.
model mac description dnorpattern name

run sql select typemodel.name as model, device.name as mac, device.description, numplan.dnorpattern, devicepool.name from device join typemodel on device.tkmodel = typemodel.enum join devicenumplanmap on device.pkid = devicenumplanmap.fkdevice join numplan on devicenumplanmap.fknumplan = numplan.pkid join devicepool on device.fkdevicepool = devicepool.pkid where devicenumplanmap.numplanindex = '1'

On Thursday, June 1, 2023, 08:26:36 AM MST, Tim Reimers <treimers@ashevillenc.gov> wrote:

[...]

Quis custodietipsos nexus

Re: Question about detecting end-point analog telephony device present on ATA [ In reply to ]
Hi Tim,

If I recall correctly ATA's have a basic level of CTI, mostly to see state.

Looks like the ATA-186 running SCCP supports CTI:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/jtapi/documents/cti-tapi-jtapi-supported-device-matrix/

You could try out the JTAPI Test Tool and see if the ATA’s are in there and what info is available.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/jtapi/downloads/

I could only see docs/videos on the JTAPI Test Tool, it had not been updated in years but still works on latest UCM last time we used it. I’ve asked where the JTAPI Test tool is located, if I get a reply I’ll forward. I have a copy for UCM 11.5 that I believe is the latest version, I believe I should be okay to forward as it was not tied to a support contract download etc.

Also, we shall be back at Cisco Live US next week, it anyone going gets the chance swing by for a chat and some swag ;)

Kind Regards

Stephen Welsh
Founder & CEO
UnifiedFX