Mailing List Archive

UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage
Is there any way to see real time CTI port usage with UCCX Admin API? I did a quick search and it looks like it's a supported function but having trouble finding the correct name to use.

Thanks
Jason
Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
That's nothing I've ever heard of. I'd imagine you could use the CTI API
<https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!cti-protocol-overview>,
but not the Admin API.

This isn't a REST based API though, and it is relatively harder to
implement and work with though. My man Tanner at CTI Logic should be able
to help. Yo Tanner! Where you at? Ok, so one PRO for chat rooms are
mentions. Email needs mentions.

The CTI Protocol:

- Is a TCP/IP socket based message protocol
- Allows clients to send and receive information/events about:
- Current system configuration and future updates.
- Agents and their states
- Calls and their states
- *Statistics for agents, calls, and queues on a real-time basis*
- Third-party call control
- Device snapshots
- Provides support for two client modes for connecting with Unified CCX:
- Bridge mode clients receive all agent-state and call events for all
logged in agents in the system.
- Agent mode clients only receives messages related to the agent.
- Has version control

Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
You can simply put Tanner in the To: field, old school I know, but it still
works :)

Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
What information do you need?

Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
LOL, I over-thought the process and forgot to look at the most simple
solution. Thanks Charles.

Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
?
?Do you need to gather that data directly from CCX? It might be easier to pull it from CCM using the PerfMon API or RisPort70 API.

Sent from an iPhone mobile device with very tiny touchscreen input keys. Please excude my typtos.

Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
Bill, just to be clear, do either of the CUCM APIs show the active call and
idle status of CTI ports? Not just registration.

Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
I believe RIS should but I will test and reply back to the list.

Re: UCCX 11.6 Real Time Port Usage [ In reply to ]
My gut tells me no, but let's see what you find.

Use Cases

RisPort allows applications to retrieve the registration state of a device
and current IP address of a device or application. This information is
useful in scenarios such as:

- A notification and alert application which obtains the IP address of a
set of phones from RisPort in order to send an on-screen push notification
via the IP Phone Services API
<https://developer.cisco.com/site/ip-phone-services/overview/>
- A system health and monitoring application which periodically checks
the registration status of critical phone devices or CTI applications via
RisPort in order to alert administrators of connection failures.

Source: https://developer.cisco.com/site/sxml/discover/overview/risport/