Mailing List Archive

CAD to Finesse Utility
Does anyone know if this will still work on an upgrade from 10.6 to 12.0? It says it doesn't work in 11.5 but no mention of 12. I'm guessing not, but if anyone has unofficially used it, you will save me some time writing a ton of junk down!

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com
Re: CAD to Finesse Utility [ In reply to ]
A few months ago, I had contacted the author, Ryan, about 12.0 support,
this was his reply:

"I haven’t updated the tool since the initial release. It may work, or at
least get some of the configuration migrated over. It all depends on
whether the Finesse API has changed since the version I wrote against vs
12.0. I’d try it in the lab first and see. Whatever config it migrates is
config you don’t have to migrate and the rest you can do manually…

HTH."

Customer I was working with chose not to try it, and we migrated manually.

Re: CAD to Finesse Utility [ In reply to ]
Thanks. I don’t remember how much this customer has configured so we’ll see as I work though it tomorrow and make a call

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 10:14 PM Matthew Loraditch <MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>> wrote:

Does anyone know if this will still work on an upgrade from 10.6 to 12.0? It says it doesn’t work in 11.5 but no mention of 12. I’m guessing not, but if anyone has unofficially used it, you will save me some time writing a ton of junk down!

Matthew Loraditch?
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>
w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/> | e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>
Re: CAD to Finesse Utility [ In reply to ]
Go figure this would be the customer with no custom reason codes, no custom workflows and one special field in enterprise data. I think I’ll just handle that manually. :P

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer