Mailing List Archive

[nsp] modem troubleshoot ...
I try to make a call with an analog modem (by ATD a_phone_number) and it
always replies 'NO DIALTONE'. However, I call with the line without problem.

Is there something I shoud change in the config to make this possible ?
I want to test if the modem is out of service or not.

nas4.simicro.net#telnet 208.153.83.227 2034
Trying 208.153.83.227, 2034 ... Open

User Access Verification

Username: dourix
Password:

OK
atd 0331142746
NO DIALTONE
atdt0331142746
DELAYED
atdt 0331142746
NO DIALTONE
atdt 2264883
NO DIALTONE

Regards,

@+
--
DouRiX \\\|///
___ \\ - - // ____ ___ __
| _ oOOo_@ @_oOOo| _ \(_) \/ /
| |_| | (_) | |_| | _ <| |/ \
|____/ \___/ \_Ooooo| \_\_/_/\_\
f u cn rd ths u r usng unx
ooooO ) /
( ) (_/
\ (
\_)
[."We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." --
Epitaph of two astronomers]
Re: [nsp] modem troubleshoot ... [ In reply to ]
Do-Risika RAFIEFERANTSIARONJY wrote:

> I try to make a call with an analog modem (by ATD a_phone_number) and it
> always replies 'NO DIALTONE'. However, I call with the line without problem.

You may try to modify your modemcap to disable dialtone detection.

--
Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
Re: [nsp] modem troubleshoot ... [ In reply to ]
if the modem is not placing the call there is nothing you can do on the
router to change that, all you are using the router for is a "terminal" to
connect to the modem.

sounds like the modems rj-11 jack is messed up. specifically the RX stuff.
possibly the cable is bad too. rule that stuff out.

joshd.