Mailing List Archive

[nsp] Block or rate limit file sharing programs?
Is there a method that can be used to prioritize file sharing traffic (i.e.
based on a class map of some kind), or do you actually have to block it in
order to control this type of traffic?

Are there any example configs available?

TIA,

-Tim
Re: [nsp] Block or rate limit file sharing programs? [ In reply to ]
you might want to take a look at NBAR. there are some NBAR PDLMs to
match the common peer-to-peer apps. (PDLM - external file that you can load
that describes a protocol to the NBAR engine) once you have matched on the
protocol you can mark the traffic and apply QoS parameters on it as
appropriate.

cheers
.siva

Re: [nsp] Block or rate limit file sharing programs? [ In reply to ]
NBAR is supported on pretty much all the SW switched platforms
(7500, 7200, 3700, 3600, 2600, etc). a number of the HW switched
platforms don't support NBAR currently. if the platform in question
supports NBAR functionality, you should be able to load a PDLM into
it.

Re: [nsp] Block or rate limit file sharing programs? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Siva Valliappan wrote:

S-train?

-Hank

> NBAR is supported on pretty much all the SW switched platforms
> (7500, 7200, 3700, 3600, 2600, etc).a number of the HW switched
> platforms don't support NBAR currently.if the platform in question
> supports NBAR functionality, you should be able to load a PDLM into
> it.
>
> cheers
> .siva
>
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Tim Devries wrote:
>
> > Is NBAR platform independent?Can I load the PDLM's on any router, or is it
> > supported only by higher end routers?

Hank Nussbacher
Re: [nsp] Block or rate limit file sharing programs? [ In reply to ]
Gotta pick up 12.1E or something that doesn't get fixes
quickly for this feature.

Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.
Re: [nsp] Block or rate limit file sharing programs? [ In reply to ]

Re: [nsp] Block or rate limit file sharing programs? [ In reply to ]
Siva Valliappan wrote:
> you might want to take a look at NBAR. there are some NBAR PDLMs to
> match the common peer-to-peer apps. (PDLM - external file that you can load
> that describes a protocol to the NBAR engine) once you have matched on the
> protocol you can mark the traffic and apply QoS parameters on it as
> appropriate.

I wonder if NBAR will work on a c2621 with IOS c2600-io3-mz.122-10b.bin
without cef (not enabled).