some customer boxes on it (customer per vlan).

Now suppose I wanted to do CAR for individual vlans.

Could I put a different "rate-limit" statement on each subinterface
and have it work? Or am I stuck with a "rate-limit" at the toplevel
and a seriously nasty policy acl?

Anyone actually having success with this? IOS version?

Thanks,

---Rob
Re: [nsp] CAR and the 2600 series [ In reply to ]
We're using per-subinterface rate limiting on a 7206, talking ISL to a
2900XL switch, and it seems to be working fine. I've always just assumed
that it would work on a 26xx as well.

rno-atm0#sh int f0/0.22 rate
FastEthernet0/0.22
Input
matches: all traffic
params: 1000000 bps, 187500 limit, 375000 extended limit
conformed 1450219 packets, 628221418 bytes; action: transmit
exceeded 34 packets, 36090 bytes; action: drop
last packet: 16ms ago, current burst: 0 bytes
last cleared 19:55:53 ago, conformed 70000 bps, exceeded 0 bps
Output
matches: all traffic
params: 1000000 bps, 187500 limit, 375000 extended limit
conformed 1483983 packets, 370882287 bytes; action: transmit
exceeded 285 packets, 246592 bytes; action: drop
last packet: 16ms ago, current burst: 0 bytes
last cleared 19:55:53 ago, conformed 41000 bps, exceeded 0 bps

rno-atm0#sh run int f0/0.22
interface FastEthernet0/0.22
encapsulation isl 22
ip address .....
ip verify unicast reverse-path
no ip redirects
no ip proxy-arp
rate-limit input 1000000 187500 375000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
rate-limit output 1000000 187500 375000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
no cdp enable
end

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc. fax: +1-775-348-9412
RE: [nsp] CAR and the 2600 series [ In reply to ]
This works fine. About 2 years ago we were running 2621's into
Cat2924's to provide rate limited single port vlans for "smart
building" and shared tenancy projects. Worked like a charm.

Bambi

RE: [nsp] CAR and the 2600 series [ In reply to ]
You can config differents rate-limits in differents subinterface
fast/ethernet. I did it, and it works, fine... ( watch your CPU !!!)
Regards Pablo.

Suppose I had a 2621 with dot1q (or isl) connection to a switch with
some customer boxes on it (customer per vlan).

Now suppose I wanted to do CAR for individual vlans.

Could I put a different "rate-limit" statement on each subinterface
and have it work? Or am I stuck with a "rate-limit" at the toplevel
and a seriously nasty policy acl?

Anyone actually having success with this? IOS version?

Thanks,

---Rob

Este mensaje es confidencial. El mismo contiene información reservada
y que no puede ser difundida. Si usted ha recibido este e-mail
por error, por favor avísenos inmediatamente vía e-mail y tenga la
amabilidad de eliminarlo de su sistema; no deberá copiar el mensaje
ni divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona. Muchas gracias.

This message is confidential. It contains information that is privileged and
legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this e-mail by mistake,

please let us know immediately by e-mail and delete it from your system;
you should also not copy the message nor disclose its contents to anyone.
Thank You.
Re: [nsp] CAR and the 2600 series [ In reply to ]
At 03:48 PM 08-10-02 -0400, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

CAR should not be used to rate-limit but instead use the MQC police command
which basically does the same thing. CAR is not going to be around much
longer and is not being developed anymore:

Have a look at:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/cbpcar.html
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fqos_c/fqcprt8/qcfmcli2.htm
for more information.