--
Hroi Sigurdsson hroi@asdf.dk
Danske nyhedsfeeds i RSS-format: http://asdf.dk/rss/da/
[nsp] BGP Policy Accounting on Cat 6xxx/4xxx? [ In reply to ]
Hi.

Does anyone know the when/if the BGP Policy Accounting feature will be
supported on Catalyst 6500 or 4000 supervisors? All I've found is bug
CSCdv20786 which indicates that the feature has been postponed on 4k.

--
Hroi Sigurdsson hroi@ngdc.net
NetGroup A/S http://www.ngdc.net
Re: [nsp] BGP Policy Accounting on Cat 6xxx/4xxx? [ In reply to ]
Hroi,

BGP Policy accounting is supported with OSM modules for the 7600 OSR
(which is another name for a Catalyst 6500 Sup2 with OSMs I think).
You have to configure "ingress-dsb" on the interface to make it work.

It would be great if the forwarding ASIC had the capability to do BGP
Policy Accounting - it doesn't seem that hard to implement in
hardware. But I have the suspicion, which I cannot prove, that the
current ASICs, at least on the Cat 6500, don't allow this.
--
Simon.