Mailing List Archive

[nsp] L2TPv3 or UTI Tunnels and TLS
Has anyone used L2TPv3 tunnels for Transparent LAN service on 7200 routers?
I have IOS 12.0(21)ST4 (this can change) and have them configured as per the
CCO guides, but no joy.

These are the references I'm using.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/so/neso/vpn/unvpnst/2tpv3_an.htm

and the UTI option...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120
limit/120s/120s18/uti.htm

The GRE tunnel works fine on it's own when traffic is routed over it, but
trying to get it to work in transparent or uti raw mode just does not
function.

Any advice would be helpful.

Regards and TIA
Jon..

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. +44 20 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.
RE: [nsp] L2TPv3 or UTI Tunnels and TLS [ In reply to ]
L2TPv3 or UTI Tunnels and TLSI've run into this before on 7200's also.
Seems that the that there is a problem with UTI support for certain types of
Ethernet controllers. If I remember correctly UTI worked only with the DEC
controllers when I was doing my testing.

Cheers,
Kev

RE: [nsp] L2TPv3 or UTI Tunnels and TLS [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the help guys,

It turns out that IO Module based FE controllers do not support UTI or L2TP
tunnels. However documented proof of this does not exist at this point.

Regards
Jon..